Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Organizing Your Pinterest for Teachers

Today's post is inspired by my co-worker who suggested that I write a post about my Pinterest. I had never really thought about it before. I am on Pinterest all the time, but I don't just use it for teaching, I also use it to find new recipes, for sewing tips, and keeping a fashion board. I also used it a lot when I was planning my wedding.

When I first started substitute teaching, I made a TEACHER TEACHER board and kept everything on it. It was loaded with art teaching ideas, management tips, and all kinds of things. It was a little hard to keep up with and find the posts that inspired me when I needed them. 

When I found out that I was going to be teaching third grade, I started pinning all this third grade stuff...but then when I went back to it, again, everything was all together on one huge board! It was too much to sort through, even with searching, so I decided to make boards for each 'topic' I taught. Math was one the biggest things I pinned, so I split it up into standards. Here are some examples - Multiplication, Rounding & Place Value, and Fractions.


I don't have any fancy covers for my boards or anything. I think that is just too much work and I like the way their are...so why change it? I feel like I can still find what I want way more easily than before and that's what really matters to me.

Even though I started with everything on one board, it was easy to move everything into it's own category. Click the little pencil button on the top right of the pin to edit it, then either create the new board or select one you have already created. Even if it takes you some time, at least you only have to do it once and then it's easier forever!

I hope this helps anyone thinking about organizing their Pinterest boards! If you know of any good teacher boards or planner boards - I'd love to follow!

Love & Sparkles,

Miss Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment