Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Throw Back to my First Classroom! #PODLIFE




Hello friends! 

Welcome to my blog! I am excited to share with you my love of teaching and looking pretty! I have been reading blogs for years and I have been amazed by the communities that exist just because of passion for one thing or another. I can't wait to be a part of the community of teacher bloggers! I was also inspired by Principal Principles to start this blog - her blog is amazing! Check it out - I've linked to her post about how to start a blog, but everything she has is great! 

To start, I thought I would throw back and share my very first classroom! This was in August of 2013. My school is technically 'underground' and our playground is on the roof of our building. Interesting, I know! (I am still at the same school, but we have since been renovated. I'll do a before and after post sometime..) The inside of our building was made up of 4 pods. Each pod was shaped like a round pie and each classroom was a slice. Notice that we have no doors! 

We also had windows between the ceiling and the 'walls.' If you look through the entrance of my classroom, you can see someone standing in the hallway because we also had windows in classrooms that showed into hallway.






I was a lucky teacher because I had windows to the outside! You can see the windows partially covered in light blue paper (to block out construction). I also had a door to the outside in my classroom! It could not be blocked, so my desks had to be off to the side. I even had a set of steps in my room. This was a great place for kids to read and to watch readers theaters. I liked the steps and windows!


You can't see it in these pictures, but I also had something else most classroom do not have nowadays - a TV. I had a small TV that plugged into the steps. That is how we watched morning announcements and dismissal. I had one white board and 2 small chalk boards. 


This little pie shaped classroom will always hold a place in my heart. My first classroom, first open house, first teacher conferences...and then right before spring break, I had to pack it all up and MOVE OUT!!! That's right, first year, first move...but that is a post for another time. 

Love & Sparkles,

Miss Jones in Third

No comments:

Post a Comment